Saturday, November 19, 2011

My take on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

       


EDWARD ANTHONY CULLEN 
ISABELLA MARIE SWAN
(The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn)






Two thumbs up for Breaking Dawn part 1! The plot was very simple but I never felt a lull in its movement. Let us start discussing the start of the chapter, where Bella was to wed Edward. I was expecting a little bit of emotional excitement on her part because she was about to march down the aisle with her father towards Ed but what I felt was anxiety and a little bit of fear of the unknown. I must admit, I was a little bit disappointed with her hair, make-up and gown during the actual wedding but so loved the dream sequence where she was wearing a tube gown and where she looked quite stunning. Anyways, I would've wanted some color on her cheeks but she was marrying a vampire who was by far, paler in features than her, so why bother? Her wedding gown was reminiscent of Kate Middleton's which was quite conservative but well, Bella's attitude is virginal anyway so there's really no problem. During the honeymoon sequence it was fascinating and funny that the couple's room was slightly wrecked from their night of love-making. Ed got scared the day after because he realized that he had gone slightly out of control (not to mention the hematomas Bella had on her body) but she loved every minute of it. During the duration of the honeymoon , Ed did not want to make love with Bella again but one night she insisted and said "please"...oh what a tease. Eventually, she got pregnant and they wondered if that was remotely possible since Ed is considered, well you know, DEAD. :)  Moving forward, the baby inside the womb was growing too fast and was slowly killing Bella. Jacob, as usual was there to the rescue but ended up fighting side by side with the Cullens to battle his pack that was out to kill Bella and the unborn child, Renesmee (derived from both Bella's mother's name and Esme Cullen's). And so the story revolves around this plot of wanting the child to die because she might bring death...Jacob's leaving the pack, fighting beside the Cullens and later imprinting upon the child (vowing to forever protect her)...Rosalie and Bella becoming friends, etc. My husband was quite disappointed (I think) when he thought that Bella was going to die and not transform into a vampire but was shushed by me because why would she, when she was the main character? I am so looking forward to part two where Renesmee or "Nessie" grows up just after seven days from birth. I became even excited when Bella was transforming on an operating table, with the chapter ending in her opening of her eyes and changing them color to RED (Vampire!). Well, so the first part ends and all I can say is that it is like the first twilight movies with simple plots made exciting by heavenly beauties, wonderful bods, Bella's "I - don't - care - what - I - look - like" attitude, Jacob's "I'll - do - anything - for - Bella" character and the Cullen's "doting - over - Bella" facade. Still two thumbs up but guess what, I voted two thumbs and two big toes up for Justin's IN TIME for overall production, essence, effects and mind-blowing plot. MY TAKE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment